[Dl-members] January Kangeiko Info

Craig Engel flugenblar at comcast.net
Thu Jan 20 01:28:09 EST 2011

Ojukan Judoka:

This is the current Kangeiko schedule.  Sunday is the first day that all the
clubs are scheduled to meet at Ojukan at the Oregon National Guard Armory.  To
be honest, this schedule is not set in stone with the custodian of the armory,
but know that there are daily efforts to make this Sunday's schedule firm.
Given that, please assume that all is well and that our club will host Kangeiko
practice for all clubs on Sunday.  If you can show up, please arrive at 9:30AM
Sunday morning to help setup mats and get things ready.  In the event that plans
need to change, and there's really no good reason to believe they will, I will
post an update on ojukanjudo.org and send an email to this list.  Probably on
Friday night or early Saturday morning.  Keep your computers warmed-up!

I want to stress how valuable this Kangeiko practice is; it's rare to have such
a relaxed and local setting to meet Judo players from outside our club and have
a great training and fellowship experience.  There's no pressure to be anything
but a fun-loving student and to experience Judo in a broad and enriching setting
like this.  You will gain invaluable lessons and benefit in ways you cannot
imagine, so please make every effort to attend.  Remember, this is the type of
'clinic' experience that many Judoka pay a considerable price to attend, but the
local Oregon Judo community has provided this event to all of us to enjoy for
free.  Those kinds of opportunities do not come often.

And by all means, make whatever efforts you can to attend all of the Kangeiko
practices, or at those that fit your schedule.