[Dl-members] Wednesday Practice This Week; Uwajimaya Demo Coming Up Soon

flugenblar flugenblar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 01:17:31 EDT 2011

Couple of announcements:

1) This is the week for September that we practice on Wednesday instead of
Thursday.  That's tomorrow, folks.

2) The annual Japan Days festival is coming up at Uwajimaya in downtown
Beaverton.  Every year Ojukan presents a Judo demonstration during the
weekend festivities.  It's pretty exciting, the whole Japan Days festival
and worth seeing for all of the different exhibits, booths, music, food, and
martial arts demonstrations.  Please let your friends and family know about
it.  For our part, we'll be doing a Judo demonstration on Saturday and
Sunday, the weekend of September 24 and 25.  It's a great experience, and
Judoka of all levels of experience (and size) are urged to participate.  The
crowds love to see a diverse representation of Judoka, especially younger
players who get to throw us big old adults around like dolls.  We don't have
the demonstration times yet, but as soon as we do I'll make sure to forward
that information.  In the mean time, we'll be assembling a plan at Ojukan
for the drills and techniques we plan to show, so practice for the next two
weeks is going to include some work on what we intend to show at the
festival.

Here's a link for Uwajimaya for those of you who have never been to this
great Japanese grocery/department store:

http://www.uwajimaya.com/locations.html#beaverton

*Festival Japan at Beaverton Uwajimaya*

*September*
 *24 & 25, 2011
*

*Beaverton Uwajimaya Only*

*
*

Come celebrate culture and community with music, dance, arts, crafts, food
and more!  This event is presented by Japan-America Society of Oregon, NW
Natural and Uwajimaya!

--
Craig Engel