[Dl-members] 2014 Rainier Cup presented by Ippon Dojo, Tacoma WA, October 11, 2014

flugenblar flugenblar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 15:58:58 EDT 2014

Notices are starting to come out for the Ranier Cup (Tournament) in Tacoma,
WA.  Saturday October 11, 2014.  This is a pretty big tournament, lots of
mats, lots of players, lots of referees, lots of action.  Last year 2012
Olympic Judo medalist Marti Malloy was there talking to folks and signing
autographs; she is a Washington native and got her start to glory with
Northwest Judo.

I don't know if any famous Judo players will be there this year, but the NW
clearly produces some very skilled Judoka, so you might just meet a future
Olympian and you can be one of those people who says, "I knew ol'
whats-his-name back when he was a kid!"  (better yet... I *fought *against
ol' whats-his-name before he became an international champion.. ).  It can
happen; if you compete.

Gear up, shape up, get ready to start the competition season.  Even if you
can't step on the mat, join the audience and support Judo.

More details as they come out, but you have the date and city now.  Update
your calendar, get your travel plans arranged.  A number of Ojukan sensei's
will be going North for this event, and staying there after the tournament
to attend the Yudanshakai (black belt) meeting.