[Dl-members] Judo Practice/Ojukan/Armory

flugenblar flugenblar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:07:56 EST 2017

Folks:

It's been too long.  I know everybody is very anxious for an update on when
Judo practice will resume at Ojukan.  As most of you know, Ojukan Judo has
been told by the State of Oregon that we must temporarily discontinue
classes there until the facility can be cleaned up of potential lead
contaminants.

The boiler room has been cleaned-up and pass inspection.  That's great
news.  The latest information I have is that there is one more room that is
being cleaned up, the storage room (weapons) itself.

In speaking with the facilities staff at the armory, I have not been able
to nail down an exact date (sorry), but I've been assured multiple times
that the armory will be reopened for us very soon.  It would be speculative
to announce this week or next week, but I'm being told very soon and
cleanups and inspections are happening very rapidly, as the level of
contamination is proving to be very slight, so the efforts should not drag
out (like it has at other armories).

I will continue push for a date they can commit to, but I do not have that
date yet.  I've only been assured it will be very soon.

For those of you who are practicing at Obukan, you're still welcome to
train there and maintain your conditioning and 'judo legs'.
Congratulations! Please keep track of your attendance at Obukan and send me
an email in 2 weeks with a count of times practiced over there (for last
week, this week, next week).

Thank you for your patience.  This was an unexpected challenge, but I
believe we will soon be back to normal.  Make sure you are exercising,
stretching and otherwise maintain what you can (hiking, cycling, gym,
etc.,) during this period.  We'll see you all very soon.

--

*Craig Engel*
please use my gmail address: flugenblar at gmail.com