[Dl-members] Nage No Kata Clinic - July 25/26

flugenblar flugenblar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 17:15:23 EDT 2015

>   *Nage No Kata Clinic *
>

> *UPDATE: change of venue*
>
> [image: kata] <http://ojukanjudo.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/kata.jpg>
>
> Ojukan Judo is proud to announce that we are hosting a 2-day intensive
> Nage No Kata clinic, Saturday and Sunday, July 25th/26th 2015.  The clinic
> will be taught by the Pacific Northwest’s eminent instructors in Judo kata
> forms: sensei’s Mike and Delynn Purcell.

 Whether you are a long-time judoka who wishes to brush up on your kata
skills, an advanced competitive student seeking to get experience in kata
for the first time, or you are a black belt candidate completing promotion
requirements, Nage No Kata is the first and most common kata practiced by
Judo practitioners around the world.  It is the first in the set of Randori
No Kata, kata designed to teach sparring principles in a precise and
controlled sequence of forms.

> http://ojukanjudo.org/home-of-ojukan/kata-clinic/
> <http://ojukanjudo.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Ojukan-Nage-No-Kata-Clinic.pdf>
> (*download forms here*)

Ojukan Nage No Kata Clinic Ojukan Judo Dojo (ojukanjudo.org)

Sanction # 15-07-03

Hosted at *Obukan Judo Club*

7333 NE Fremont Street, Portland OR 97213

Saturday & Sunday, July 25/26, 2015

Senseis Mike and Delynn Purcell will be leading an intensive 2-day seminar
on Judo’s Nage No Kata.  Whether you are a student wishing to learn this
popular kata for the first, need to demonstrate credible skill in this kata
to apply towards black belt promotion requirements, wish to hone your
skills in kata for kata competition (a form of competition that is growing
in popularity in the Pacific Northwest), or are a life-long devotee to kata
practice and wish to continue your journey, this is a special two day
in-depth event dedicated to the instruction and practice of Nage No Kata.

Eligibility: Must be a current member of the USJF, USJA or USA Judo and
present card.

*Schedule:*

July 25th & 26th, 2015

Ø  Saturday

o   8:00AM – 10:00AM Registration

o   10:00AM – 10:30AM Introductions, Warm-up, Ukemi

o   10:30AM – 12:00PM Instruction

o   12:00PM – 1:00PM Lunch

o   1:00PM – 3:00PM Instruction

o   3:00PM – 3:15PM Break

o   3:15PM – 5:00PM Instruction

Ø  Sunday

o   9:00AM – 9:30AM Warm-up, Ukemi

o   9:30AM – 10:00AM Review of Saturday’s material

o   10:00AM – 12:00PM Instruction

o   12:00PM – 1:00PM Lunch

o   1:00PM – 2:30PM Finish/Review

o   2:30PM – 5:00PM Kata Demonstration/Evaluation (optional, for those
wishing formal credit towards rank/promotion requirements)

 *Where:*

Obukan Judo Club

7333 NE Fremont

Portland, OR 97213

http://obukanjudo.org/

http://tinyurl.com/okd4sen (*direct link to map*)

*Cost:*

$30 per person (Includes Lunch)

$5 discount per person for groups of three or more from any one dojo

*Advanced registration is not required, but RSVP is appreciated*

*Contact*

Craig Engel

(503) 449-5383

flugenblar at gmail.com

*Lodging*

Howard Johnson Portland Airport

8247 NE Sandy Blvd

Portland, OR 97220

[image: Inline image 1]

*Kata Clinic Registration Form*

Sanction # 15-07-03

*Attendee Information*

Name (PRINT)

Rank

Club

□ USJF      □ USA Judo

□ USJA

Member #

Expiration Date (mm/dd/yyyy):

Address – STREET

Address – CITY/STATE/ZIP

eMail

*Special Needs*

If assistance/accommodation is needed (check off appropriate box):

 □ Vision Loss/Blindness     □ Hearing Loss/Deafness

Type of assistance/accommodation requested or name of person assisting:

*Parent/Legal Guardian Consent for Judoka under 18 years of Age:*

I, the undersigned parent or legal guardian of the named student:

name of student*)

Understand the method and risk of instruction for this referee clinic.  I
have agreed to allow my child to participate in this event.

Parent/Guardian Signature
 Date