[Dl-members] Portland Judo Tournament, Sunday May 31st

flugenblar flugenblar at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:23:37 EDT 2015

Helpful information for everyone.  A number of Ojukan members will be
competing at Portland Judo's tournament this Sunday.  The weigh-ins and
registration finish by 9:00AM, so please plan ahead and get there in time.
Sensei Roy is a stickler for starting on time.

I am volunteering to drive/lead convoy from the National Guard Armory on
Sunday morning.  I have a 4-door Buick and can take 3 passengers.  So if
you need a ride or want to join us, I will be at the Armory at 7:30AM and I
will be departing by 7:45AM.

Please fill out forms and get a signature from an Ojukan sensei at Thursday
night practice, or from me on Sunday.  Also, do not forget your USJF card.
Bring cash for the registration fee.  This tournament is for seniors, so
you must be 17 or older to compete.

Tournament Location:
Renzo Gracie Academy Portland
833 N Shaver Street Portland, OR 97227

----------[Tournament Details]----------
http://www.theshiai.com/

*NEXT TOURNAMENT*
SUNDAY, MAY 31, 2015
Senior Competition
*Download Entry Packet Here*
<http://www.theshiai.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Shiai-5-Entry-Packet.pdf>

[image: 1e] <http://www.theshiai.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/1e.jpg>

Portland Judo proudly presents THE SHIAI. A series of monthly USJF
sanctioned Judo tournaments in Portland, Oregon with you the competitor in
mind. Our goal is to run a tournament with an in-house vibe, coupled with
an open gym feel. Get tournament experience, make some new friends, and be
done in a couple of hours.

At Portland Judo, we love to keep things simple, but most of all, we love
to laugh and play… a lot. We realize not everyone is gunning for the next
Nationals and could use a non-intimidating environment to experience a live
match. New competitors who are still stumbling through the tournament rules
can use this as a study session. This tournament is also a great launching
pad for future referees and scorekeepers.

Do not miss this! The SHIAI – Play hard, learn something, go home better.

--

*Craig Engel*
please use my gmail address: flugenblar at gmail.com